Sending partial contact information?

Old October 14th 08, 05:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Blue Max

Default Sending partial contact information?

How can we limit or control the contact fields sent to another person? For
example, we may wish to send someone a group of contacts without sending the
notes field, the home information, or some other subset of fields. Is this
possible? If so, how do we filter which fields will be sent for that group
of contacts?

Old October 15th 08, 05:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

In what version of Outlook? Who is "we" in your question -- network
administrators or individual users?
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old October 21st 08, 09:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Blue Max

Sorry for the omission, Sue. We are using Outlook version 2007 and we are
emailing the contacts (with filtered contents), in Outlook format, over the
internet to other persons who want to place these contacts directly into an
Outlook contact folder.

Thanks,

Richard
*****************

Old October 21st 08, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook][_2_]

You might want to use the business card format instead. It gives you the most
control over what is sent. I haven't done any testing to see exactly which
fields are in the default business card, but it's definitely a subset.

Otherwise, you're going to have to create duplicate contacts or write some
code to do what you want.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Blue Max" wrote:

How can we limit or control the contact fields sent to another person?
For
example, we may wish to send someone a group of contacts without sending
the
notes field, the home information, or some other subset of fields. Is
this
possible? If so, how do we filter which fields will be sent for that
group
of contacts?

Partial calendar info phancey Outlook - Calandaring 0 August 14th 07 11:41 AM
Sending Information with Outlook 2003 Custom Forms b_c Outlook - General Queries 3 July 11th 07 11:19 PM
Partial restore. Happy Outlook Express 7 September 12th 06 08:57 PM
partial contact synchronization into outlook Con Outlook - Using Contacts 1 July 1st 06 09:51 AM
hide the category information when sending a V card John Howells Outlook - Using Contacts 1 March 29th 06 08:59 PM