autofill troubleshoot

Old April 22nd 08, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sherry

Default autofill troubleshoot

My autofill in Outlook stopped working. The correct button is checked in the
Advanced Option under the Email Options in Outlook. I have used it for
several years. I think I may have inadvertently erased a component of the
program that allows the autofill when I erased several programs 3 weeks ago.
It hasn't worked since. Is there a way to reinstall Outlook, or a specific
component of Outlook without erasing your Contacts?
Old April 22nd 08, 09:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

No. It's nothing you did. This feature is poorly implemented and often stops
working for no good reason. You have to create a new Outlook profile to get
it to start working again, but you'll start building your cache from
scratch. If you can find and rename your old cache to match your new
profile, that might keep your current data accessible.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old April 23rd 08, 02:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

http://support.microsoft.com/default...roduct=out2003

--
Russ Valentine