How can I do a global text replace for all contacts?

Old April 22nd 08, 07:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Mike

Default How can I do a global text replace for all contacts?

I restored an old contact list with many business contacts. The company
changed it's e-mail server name so I want to do a global search and replace
of all contacts. Ex. I want to seach for "xyzcorp" and
replace with "abccorp".

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old April 22nd 08, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Several methods he
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sea...acecompany.htm

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old April 22nd 08, 10:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Mike

Thanks Russ. This did not help me as I was trying to replace text within the
string versus the entire string in the field. However, I did see earlier
posts to a similar question which led me to some tools at
http://www.lbetoolbox.com/ that worked very well.

Old April 22nd 08, 11:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Mike

Thanks Russ. I was not able to use the methods at slipstick. They appear to
apply to replacing an entire string in a field versus just selected text
within the field. However, I did find another discussion thread which
recommended tools available at http://www.lbetoolbox.com/ which worked very
well. Cheers.