I need to move contact from Outlook 2003 to Outlook XP Help?

Old March 24th 08, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Dennis

Default I need to move contact from Outlook 2003 to Outlook XP Help?

I just got a new laptop with Windows Vista. I also got Microsoft Office XP
for it and I am trying to move my contacts from the old desktop to the lap
top. How is the best way to do it. I tried to back them up to a .pst file
and it told me I could not open it as it was an incorrect version.

Thanks for your help.
Old March 24th 08, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Transam388

See if you can export your contacts to an Excel file by highlighting the
contacts then choose File, Import / Export and select export to an Excel 2003
file. Once exported put that file onto your new system and use the same
Import / Export except import and selct the new Contacts folder.

Old March 24th 08, 07:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Dennis wrote:

I just got a new laptop with Windows Vista. I also got Microsoft
Office XP for it and I am trying to move my contacts from the old
desktop to the lap top. How is the best way to do it. I tried to
back them up to a .pst file and it told me I could not open it as it
was an incorrect version.

Ignore anyone who says "export". See this:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/d...utlook2003.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Old March 24th 08, 07:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Transam388 wrote:

See if you can export your contacts to an Excel file by highlighting
the contacts then choose File, Import / Export and select export to
an Excel 2003 file.

Bad advice.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Old March 25th 08, 04:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Diane Poremsky {MVP}

Did you really g et Outlook XP aka 2002? It doesn't work well with vista.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **