Two Contact Folders to Choose from at Launch

Old March 14th 08, 02:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
zoom zoom

Default Two Contact Folders to Choose from at Launch

At the direction of Microsoft Support last summer, I moved my 6 gb personal
folders files to a new Personal Folder and renamed it. All new emails now
flow into my new Personal Folder In box. Both the old and the new Personal
Folders have a folder named "Contacts" -- and at launch I get a dialog box
asking which Contact folder I want to use -- both are named the same. How do
I delete the old Contact folder? When I right click, the dlete is grayed
out. Thanks.
Old March 14th 08, 09:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Did you reset your new folder as your default? You must. Then Restart
Outlook and try to close the old.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old March 14th 08, 10:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
zoom zoom

I am running Outlok 2007. Yes, at launch the dialog box asks me if I want
this folder as my deafult contact cfolder, I check Yes and at the next
relaunching of the program (after a reboot of the puter for example, I get
the same box asking me that again -- it's like it can't remember my previous
answer.

Old March 14th 08, 11:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Set the default yourself in Files Data File Management
If you can't, then you have a corrupt profile and must create a new one.
You description is unclear and confusing. What did actually do to create
this problem? What did you rename and how?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]