can't access contacts email addresses

Old September 27th 07, 03:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
John Mo

Default can't access contacts email addresses

All of a sudden when typing a new email I cannot access any of my addresses
from my contacts folder. When I hit new; then "to", the box comes up that
says" Select names" but there's no names to access - the boxes on the bottom
that used to be highlighted for 'to" and "cc" and "bc' are grey and you can't
get to any of my email addresses. I don't even know where to start looking
for an answer!
Old September 27th 07, 09:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
BillR [MVP]

right-click on your Contacts folder, select Properties and in the Email
Outlook Address Book tab ensure "show this folder as an email address book"
is checked (it should be for default Contacts folder).
Then open your Address Book and choose Tools | Options.
Select the address list to show first and where to keep your personal
addresses. Both should be Contacts.

--
Bill R MVP

Old September 27th 07, 12:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
John Mo

Thanks - right-clicked contacts folder off the left pane; selected
properties; in the Email Outlook Address Book tab - "show this folder..."
cannot be checked as it's grey! In the Address book/tools/options - not sure
where to select the address list first ... not finding anything in the tabs
to select address list to show first and where to keep personal addresses.
the most frustrating was the fact that the show this folder as email address
book is grey and I see it, but can't access it. Still help, Please?!?

Old September 27th 07, 10:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
John Mo

Try the Add button where? I am in the screen where "contacts" is in the left
pane and all the addresses are displayed in the pane to the right. I have
right-clicked on "contacts" went to "properties" to "outlook address book"
and there is no "add" button there - There is an icon with "contacts' to the
right of it on that drop down screen; under that there is a greyed and
inoperable "show this folder as an email address book" and under that is Name
of the Address book - also greyed in and inaccessible. Thanks for trying to
help - I am my wit's end - and it originally worked!! that's what is so
frustrating!

Old September 28th 07, 01:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
BillR [MVP]

Open the Address Book (address book icon on the standard toolbar) then Tools
Options from the Address Book menu.
Use the drop-down arrows to select your Contacts folder (if you have more
than one listed then try the other).
If Contacts isn't listed try the Add button at the bottom to add Contacts.

--
Bill R

Old October 12th 07, 11:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
JStu

Same issues, ever since I switched to VISTA. Can't access my email address
books, am not allowed to turn them on and the drop down arrows and menus and
add button don't exist anywhere when I click the Tools menu in Address Book.
JK

Old October 13th 07, 04:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
JStu

I see the add/remove/property buttons and the arrows you mention, but
everything else is blank and I am unable to access any of the buttons or
entry boxes on the screen except the OK and Cancel buttons.

"BillR" wrote:

What do you see in Tools | Options in the Address Book? Try the Add button.

--
Bill R
news