Import WAB file into Outlook 2003

Old August 5th 07, 03:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Dennis

Default Import WAB file into Outlook 2003

I recently reformatted my hard drive and was wise enough to back up my
contacts to a USB hard drive. Now I am having trouble pulling them into
Outlook 2003.

This contact list is a .wab file format and was migrated from an older
computer.

I have Vista Home Premium on my computer so concise paths would be
appreciated. I don't understand the local, local roaming and roaming things
yet.

Thank you in advance

Dennis
Old August 6th 07, 04:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

I'm not a Vista expert, but the .WAB file was used with Outlook Express, not
Outlook...so you will need to import the contents of the WAB file into the
new Windows Mail client (which replaces Outlook Express). Then you should be
able to export them to Outlook, or import them FROM Outlook. Perhaps someone
who has done this on Vista can tell you if one way is better than another.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

Old August 6th 07, 11:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Dennis

Thank you for the reply and guidance Jocelyn.

Unfortunately, your idea didn't work for me. I was able to resolve the issue
by:
1. Importing the contacts from the wab file to the Vista email client
Contacts list
2. Exporting that contact list to a CSV file
3. Importing the CSV file contents into Outlook 2003.

Again, thanks for taking the time to address my concern and offering a
solution.

Dennis

Old August 7th 07, 08:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

Good to hear you got it working, and thanks for posting the steps to your
solution -- hopefully someone else will benefit also.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook