Created Distribution list, but not in my Global Address list

Old July 17th 07, 06:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Jamie

Default Created Distribution list, but not in my Global Address list

Hi,

I don't know if there is a problem with my outlook. Howver if I create a
Distribution list, it does not appear in my Global Address List. If I create
a new email and put the distribution list name in To field it does not
recognise it even though the distribution appears in Contacts.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old July 17th 07, 12:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

It is up to the Exchange administrator to create a distribution list in the GAL. That's not an Outlook function.

Have you checked to see whether your contacts folder is being used for name resolution? Tools | Address Book, then Tools | Options.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old July 24th 07, 02:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Tryphenas6thgranddaughter

I have the same problem. I have a distribution list in the GAL. It is the
company's list. My personal distribution list shows only in the Contacts
folder. When I attempt to send a distribution list e-mail from the Contacts
folder, it is not activated. I have to enter each name manually.
When I checked the Tools menu as you suggest below, only the company's
address book and other lists appeared. I was not able to add contacts.

Sandi

Old July 24th 07, 02:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Try using the Tools | E-mail Accounts command to add a new address list -- the Outlook Address Book.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old July 24th 07, 03:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Tryphenas6thgranddaughter

I have added the Outlook Address Book as my personal address book. The
personal address book now shows up and the individual members of the
distribution list are activated, but the distribution list, itself, still
does not activate.

Thanks!

Old July 24th 07, 09:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Tryphenas6thgranddaughter

It is not one of the address lists. It is not listed as one of the choices
which I can make. Is there some way I can add it to my choices? Thanks,