auto fill email address

Old July 13th 07, 10:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
ed director

Default auto fill email address

When I use contacts to automatically fill an email address - the message
gets stuck in the outbox and does not go out until its deleted and replaced
with an email where the address is written by me.
Old July 13th 07, 11:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Autocompletion doesn't even use your Contacts. Please make a more complete
and accurate post that requires no guessing on our part. No one could even
guess what you are doing from your vague description. Spare no details.
Include Outlook version and mail account type with every post.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old July 13th 07, 11:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
ed director

I am using OUtlook 2007 - trial edition- my email is a pop3. When I enter
the email address in the To: everything is fine. When I start to enter and
the program offers me options and I accept one - everything is fine. When i
click on the TO and the "select names contact" list comes up and I accept
one of those - the email gets stuck in the Outbox and does not go anywhere.

The only solution is to delete it and manually enter the email address.
why?

Old July 14th 07, 03:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

That means the addresses you are selecting from the Outlook Address Book are
invalid. There are a number of reasons your Outlook Address Book might be
corrupt, most of them arising from incorrect data migration. State how you
migrated your data to this trial installation. Reconfigure your Outlook
Address Book.

It is not unusual for the Outlook Address Book to "lose track" of the
connection to its Contacts Folder when you move or import your PST or update
your Outlook version or operating system. Use the following steps to reset
the connection. Note that in some instances you may actually have to remove
the Outlook Address Book completely from your Profile, close Outlook, and
then re-add it before you can get it to work.

Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email address book. Right
click the Contacts folder, choose Properties then Outlook Address Book. Is
the box to enable as email address book checked?
If this is grayed out...Go to Tools | Accounts Address Book. Is the
Outlook Address Book present? If it isn't listed, add it and close and
restart Outlook. If it is listed, then you have a corrupt profile and must
create a new one..

More details available he
http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002