Address Book in Outlook 2007

Old June 19th 07, 04:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
VIQ

Default Address Book in Outlook 2007

I have all of my contacts in Office 2007 setup as Last Name, First Name
format. They all appear exactly the way I want them even in my PDA. However,
in my address book, they are showing up as First Name, Last Name format. A
few of them do show up as Last name, First Name format. I cannot find any way
to fix the address book so it will display the contacts in Last Name, First
Name format.
--
Regards,
VIQ.
Old June 19th 07, 10:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

The most frequent question asked about the Outlook Address Book is "why
won't it sort the way I told it to?" Simple answer. Even though we all know
that our Outlook Address Book is simply a view of our Contacts, Microsoft
did not configure it to abide by the settings we chose for our Contacts.
Instead, they hid the sort settings for the Outlook Address Book where no
one could ever find them. Depending on your version and mail support mode of
Outlook, you can sort the Outlook Address Book this way:

Go to Tools Account Settings Address Book Tab Outlook Address Book
Change... Set sort order there

Note that your options are only to sort by "First, Last" or by "File As." So
if you want your Outlook Address Book to sort by "Last, First," or by
"Company" you must have your Contacts' File As fields configured that way.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old June 19th 07, 03:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
VIQ

Russ,
Thanks for your prompt response. I followed your instructions to the letter
and it didn't resolve the issue. In each Contact, I have "everything"
configured as Last Name, First Name format. When I click on the Address Book
icon in Outlook, the Name field is still in First Name, Last Name format. The
Display Name field is however in LN, FN format. But when I am searching for
an email address, it searches in the Name field which formatted in FN LN
format. Hence the problem.
--
Regards,
VIQ.

Old June 19th 07, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

These instructions work. Did you restart the address book?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old June 20th 07, 01:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
VIQ

Russ,
I am sorry. I did restart Outlook and then it is now showing the names in
LN, FN format. Thanks for your help.