email mail merge to specific distribution list

Old March 29th 07, 04:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Philip

Default email mail merge to specific distribution list

I've spent an hour looking through posts/websites but just can't seem to
figure this out. In Word 2003, I want to do an mail merge via Outlook 2003
to one or more specific distribution lists in my contacts folder. From the
possible outlook recipients list on the mail merge wizard in Word, it only
shows my entire contact list, not an individual distribution list. I've
tried copying the distribution list in outlook as a new contacts folder which
then does show up as a possible folder of contacts from which to select as
recipients for the mail merge. However, when I look at that contact folder
via the mail merge wizard, no names show up - it's just a distribution list,
not individual contacts which means it won't merge into the main document.
What am I missing?? Could someone give me step by step instructions? I'm
not a computer wiz but I'm not a rookie either - I just don't get it.
Thanks.
Old March 29th 07, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Office has no feature to do that. It would require a third-party tool (see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm) or deconstructing the distribution list into its constituent contact ittems.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP