Multiple Devices Sync Contacts, Calendars, Etc. POP3

Old February 21st 07, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
twen

Default Multiple Devices Sync Contacts, Calendars, Etc. POP3

I currently am running Outlook 2003 and am looking for the proper solution to
my problem. I use 4 different devices to connect to Outlook and if I add a
contact to one device it does not get updated on the next device. Is there a
way to have a shared folder which I can access even though I am using a POP3
account and not a Microsoft Exchange Account. I read all the things about
possibly purchasing a 3rd party to set-up an Exchange Server for my company,
but I was wondering if anyone knew the best strategy here? The four devices
are my SmartPhone, 2 separate laptops, and a desktop. If anyone can even lead
me in a better direction I'd be very grateful. Also I am a novice programmer
in Access so if there is any lead to information if I must write a macro that
will run to automatically save the contacts file. Thanks again.
Old February 21st 07, 07:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

twen wrote:

I currently am running Outlook 2003 and am looking for the proper
solution to my problem. I use 4 different devices to connect to
Outlook and if I add a contact to one device it does not get updated
on the next device. Is there a way to have a shared folder which I
can access even though I am using a POP3 account and not a Microsoft
Exchange Account. I read all the things about possibly purchasing a
3rd party to set-up an Exchange Server for my company, but I was
wondering if anyone knew the best strategy here? The four devices are
my SmartPhone, 2 separate laptops, and a desktop. If anyone can even
lead me in a better direction I'd be very grateful. Also I am a
novice programmer in Access so if there is any lead to information if
I must write a macro that will run to automatically save the contacts
file.

You should be able to use the Smartphone as the intermediary, synching it
with each of the three PCs. I use a PDA to keep home and work synched.
Alas, I can't check more than two PCs right now, though.
--
Brian Tillman