Synchronizing Contact List to Mobile Phone -

Old January 29th 07, 10:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Caroline

Default Synchronizing Contact List to Mobile Phone -

I have 3 Contact Lists. One for one business, one personal and one that
only has the cell numbers that I would like to have on my mobile phone.

How do I get Outlook to copy only List 3? At the moment it copies my main
(business) contact list and there are many names with only e-mail addresses
or business contacts that I would not be calling away from my desk and so a
waste of effort to have to scroll through the names on my mobile. I have an
iMate K-jam with Windows OS
Old January 29th 07, 10:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

You'll need to make List 3 List 1. In other words, Outlook will only synch
with your Primary Contacts Folder. That's just the way PDAs and Outlook
work.

You could move the Contents of the Folders around so that the one that
synchs holds the data you want to synch.

Alternatively, synch the lot (all in one folder) and use Categories to view
the ones you want to see at any time. PDAs usually let you view just
certain Categories or even synch only some Categories of Contacts - check
what your synch software can do.

I hope this helps you at least a little bit!

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook
www.acorntraining.com.au
Canberra, Australia

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we
can find information on it.
Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784), quoted in Boswell's Life of Johnson
news

Old January 29th 07, 10:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Caroline

"Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook)" wrote:

You'll need to make List 3 List 1. In other words, Outlook will only synch
with your Primary Contacts Folder. That's just the way PDAs and Outlook
work.

You could move the Contents of the Folders around so that the one that
synchs holds the data you want to synch.

Thanks Judy, I appreciate your help - but that seems like a huge mission. I
would be just as easy to simply delete off my phone the contacts I don't want
and only add new ones by hand an never synch again.

Alternatively, synch the lot (all in one folder) and use Categories to view
the ones you want to see at any time. PDAs usually let you view just
certain Categories or even synch only some Categories of Contacts - check
what your synch software can do.

I hope this helps you at least a little bit!

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook
www.acorntraining.com.au
Canberra, Australia

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we
can find information on it.
Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784), quoted in Boswell's Life of Johnson
news