Contact List Full Name Mix up in Outlook 2007

Old January 9th 07, 03:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Drokare

Default Contact List Full Name Mix up in Outlook 2007

I have read through other messages on this for Outlook 2003 and they have
apparently worked. Though I can not seem to fix this issue.

In Outlook 2007 RTM (This was hapopening in Outlook 2007 Beta and TBR2) it
has changed my Name placement of random contacts, this has happened to
Contacts that have been used since 2000 and new ones entered to test.

This is what is happening to me, I create a new contact named "Joe Albert
Johnson" and the File as changes to "Joe, Albert Johnson". When I select the
"Full Name..." button it shows "First: Albert Johnson" & "Last: Joe"

Under Tools - Options - "Contact Options" the Default "Full Name" order:
"First (Middle) Last" is selected.

Now if I manually enter the Fields in the Contact using the Full Name...
button and properly place the names in the correct field it Displays in the
Full Name Field as "Johnson Albert Joe"???? I can not correct this on the
multiple existing contacts, and any new ones I create, but I have 75% or more
that appear correct with the name fields correctly?
Old January 9th 07, 10:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

When one of the names contains 4 letters or less, Outlook may have trouble
parsing the name elements correctly. It is always better to parse those
elements yourself.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 10th 07, 07:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Drokare

Wierd, I changed the Seetings in the options to see what would happen and
nothing changed, restarting Outlook did not make a difference. But when I
rebooted the machine and reopend the Contacts and looked in the Full Name...
Box it fixed the contact. So I went to each contact and made the the changes
and it took.