export data into Outlook contacts

Old October 31st 06, 10:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Carrie

Default export data into Outlook contacts

I have a list of contacts that I need to type up in Excel and then my boss
eventually wants to put them in his Outlook. How do I do that.
Old October 31st 06, 11:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

You can readily import Excel files into Outlook using Outlook's Import
Wizard and following the ample instructions provided in Help files and the
Knowledge Base. Post back if you do not understand those instructions.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old November 1st 06, 03:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Carrie wrote:

I have a list of contacts that I need to type up in Excel and then my
boss eventually wants to put them in his Outlook. How do I do that.

If the goal is to get them into Outlook, why don't you enter them into
Outlook from the beginning and not use Excel as an intermediary?
--
Brian Tillman

Old November 1st 06, 03:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Carrie

I understand that, but I need to enter them in MY Outlook and then transfer
them to someone else's Outlook. Is that possible.

Old November 1st 06, 10:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Outlook data can readily be transferred from one installation to another
using Outlook's native file format (PST files). Just copy the information
you want to transfer into a PST file, then open that PST file in the other
installation.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]