How do I change "file as" format for all contacts in a folder?

Old January 12th 06, 01:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
BunnyEars

Default How do I change "file as" format for all contacts in a folder?

In Outlook, I want to change the "file as" format for all existing contacts
in my contacts folder. I want to use "company (last name, first name)" for
all contacts. I also want that format to be the default format for all
contact entries made or imported from another program. I am using Office
2003. Can you help? Thanks
Old January 12th 06, 02:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old May 11th 06, 07:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Playmo

Hmm have tried this several times. Getting failiure when running as
described - on line 71!

Does the "skript" have to be put in, in the EXACT same way / prportions as
they are written in the skript?

Everey time it does not work, and one find the line that one has to look for
an discreprancy - and then try to change this I find that I have to start ALL
over agaian. Maybe I'm thick headed - that just might be the case!! - but;
is there no way to edit the skript so that one does ot have to make the
buttons new everey time?

Also: 5d - does not seem to be the same her - I'm getting propted, but the
question seems to be far more longer, and I relly do not understand it ( the
thick head thing again!), but I do get asked afterwards if i want to replace
the file (because i keep the same name and just replace the one that did not
work)

I do have around 700 contact that are all differently "saved as" and this
does NOT work good with my new Ipaq!

pls help!

Running outlook 2002 (10.6515.6735) SP3 - win XP home.
--
ANY help that works on this subject will do! Thanks for your time!
:-)

Playmo

Old May 11th 06, 10:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Question needs to be posted to a programming group.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old May 12th 06, 12:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

There is a newsgroup specifically for general Outlook programming issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....program_v ba

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP