How do I get the display name to show in the To field of an email?

Old January 11th 06, 06:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
aabbasey

Default How do I get the display name to show in the To field of an email?

I have just upgraded to office 2003 and i have the display name field filled
in on all of my contacts. Sometimes when i send an e-mail the display name
shows up and sometimes it is the persons name plus their e-mail address. Is
there a flag for this? I want it to always use the display name only.
Old January 11th 06, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

aabbasey wrote:

I have just upgraded to office 2003 and i have the display name field
filled in on all of my contacts. Sometimes when i send an e-mail the
display name shows up and sometimes it is the persons name plus their
e-mail address. Is there a flag for this? I want it to always use
the display name only.

What you'll see in that field is whatever is in the "Display As" field of
the Contact.item. Modify the contact record to contain your desired Display
As string.
--
Brian Tillman

Old January 11th 06, 09:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
aabbasey

Default How do I get the display name to show in the To field of an em

I have. For example, for John Doe, I have John in the display as field.
But, when I type John Doe in the To field of an e-mail, it puts the entire
John Doe . I want it to just display John.

Old January 11th 06, 10:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

These settings will only apply when you select your recipient from your
Contacts Folder. You are not. You are selecting them from your
autocompletion cache. Select your recipient from your Contacts if you think
this really matters.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]