Outlook 2003 has hourglass when entering information

Old January 9th 06, 10:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
reichhorn

Default Outlook 2003 has hourglass when entering information

Russ I have provded the only information I have on this issue. Has anyone
else run into this issue where outlook gives you an hourglass when clicking
on fields to enter you contact information? And has anyone found a solution?
This hourglass appears for 10-20 seconds but i can find no processes eating
up the cpu. As stated before, the software is a fresh install, via a ghost
image. This problem only occurs on one user's computer, I have deleted and
recreated his mailbox on the exchange server. i do not know what other
information you would require, this issue started from the day he received
his computer and no other software has been installed. So if you have
anything other than another acerbic comment I would appreciate it. Perhaps an
MVP with actual talent may reply instead of Russ who apparently has nothing
better to do than flame rather than help users in the newsgroups

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

Wow. You must think we are mind readers. If you have the time to post the
information it would take to solve your problem, do so. If not, let's just
stop wasting each other's time.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"reichhorn" wrote in message
Actually this is not my pc it belongs to one of 400 users. The PC has the
same ghost image as others but this one is hanging, could it have
something
to do with this user's mailbox on the exchange server?

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

No information here. State whether this installation ever worked as it
should and what steps lead to your problem.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"reichhorn" wrote in message
I have outlook 20003 and when entering a new contact i get an hourglass
for
10-20 seconds when clicking on each field to enter information. I have
applied all updates and patches and have no other programs running
other
than
the standard anti virus, etc that everyone else has in the office. I
have
dell GX620 with a 3 gig MHZ processor and 1 gig of Ram. I have open
task
manager and do not see anything hogging the cpu when the hourglass
appears.

Old January 9th 06, 10:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

I've seen no reports of this kind of behavior that is confined only to the
entry of Contact information. That's why knowing what type of data store is
used and what type of connection to that store is essential to start
troubleshooting.
So now we finally know that the data store is an Exchange mailbox. The two
things I would want to know next is whether all other functions that require
synchronization to the mailbox are intact and whether the Outlook Address
Book Service is intact and functioning correctly. Outlook 2003 will show you
everything that is happening with regards to synchronization in the status
bar. What do you see there?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]