Searching personal & shared contacts / And syncing personal & shar

Old August 16th 06, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
MariaG

Default Searching personal & shared contacts / And syncing personal & shar

Outlook 2003

Here’s the problem: Right now in my office each employee has their personal
contacts folder, and we all have access to shared contacts folders for each
department. They don’t always know where to look for the contact they need.
It’s becoming a hassle for them. Yes, these contacts can be duplicated in
their personal folders, but they are not linked up so duplicates do not get
updated if changes are made to only one contact, so we would have to update
ALL duplicates, when can be difficult to manage. However, we do not want one
shared database because then everyone will see everyone else’s personal
contacts. IS THERE A WAY TO DO A SIMULTANEOUS SEARCH IN BOTH THE PERSONAL
AND SHARED CONTACTS ? IS THERE A WAY THAT WHEN A CONTACT IS UPDATED IN ONE
FOLDER IN CAN BE UPDATED IN OTHERS AS THE SAME TIME?

And finally, we have a Blackberry syncing concern: right now, only personal
contacts in Outlook get synced to the Blackberry, and contacts in the public
folders do not get synced to the Blackberry. IS THERE A WAY THAT BOTH
PERSONAL AND SHARED CONTACTS CAN SYNC TO THE BLACKBERRY?

Old August 18th 06, 01:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Judy Gleeson [MVP Outlook]

There is a special window in the toolbar that is for looking up Contacts.
Type the name of the Contact and hit Enter.

--
Judy Gleeson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook