Search results in Advanced Find does not return correct contacts

Old June 26th 06, 10:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Jeremiah Traxler

Default Search results in Advanced Find does not return correct contacts

I am running SBS 2003 Premium, with Outlook 2003 and have a weird problem
searching for contacts in a public folder. This method used to work before I
had to rebuild the server, so I'm thinking that it's something to do with the
address book or something, not my workstation.

In the folder view, I open my Contacts folder in the Public Folders list and
it lists my contacts in Address Cards view on the right. I put an
identifiable piece of information in the "notes" section of each contact.
For example, I put in the phrase "Met this guy at the Microsoft Christmas
party in 2003" so that I can search for "Microsoft Christmas party" and get a
list of all the people I met there. I click on "Options/Advanced Find" on
the top right of the Address Cards view, and get the Advanced Find window. I
then choose to "Look for: Contacts" and choose "In: Public Folder Name" and
choose "In: frequently-used text fields". I enter the phrase "Microsoft
Christmas party" and I get no results. However, when I change the "Look
for:" to "Any type of Outlook item" the proper contacts show up in the list
below.

Thanks for any help.