How do I link calendar appt to a reg (not BCM) contact in Outlook

Old June 8th 06, 09:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sheltonyan

Default How do I link calendar appt to a reg (not BCM) contact in Outlook

I am using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (Beta) (12.0.4017.1006) MSO
(12.0.4017.1003) BETA Part of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 (Beta).
In the past when using Outlook 2003, I have been able to link any item:
tasks, calendar appointments, journals to a regular contact by using the drop
down "Edit" menu, then selecting the submenu, Options. The Options submenu
opened with a window allowing me to not only categorize but link the item
(journal, calendar appointment, event or meeting, e-mail to any one or
multiple contacts within Outlook (I'm not talking about the Business Contact
Manager portion). How can I accomplish this in Outlook 2007 (Beta)? What is
the path to bring this about?
Old June 8th 06, 10:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook

tools | options | Contact Options | check the box for Show Contact activity
on all forms.

Now when you make an appointment the Contact window will appear and you can
link to a Contact.

--

Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook
Acorn Training and Consulting

Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and learn how to use the Field
Chooser and Group by Box!!

Old June 8th 06, 10:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sheltonyan

Default How do I link calendar appt to a reg (not BCM) contact in Outl

Thank you! You're a lifesaver. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for a
speedy solution.

Old June 8th 06, 12:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook

You're welcome - it's 9pm here in Canberra, Australia by the way so not too
unusual to get a reply from me at this time of day!

Old June 14th 06, 05:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
zMaestr0

You are wonderful! Couldn't find this answer anywhere else. Your help is
MUCH appreciated.

Jeff Patstone
Help Central
Orange County, California USA

Old November 30th 07, 05:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
runspud

i too have outlook 2007 and want to manually link an email to a contact (an
email not from that contact--just want to link it to a contact because it
relates to the contact)...how can i do that? i used to do it with ol 2002.
Help please if you can.

Old December 1st 07, 12:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Read Judy's reply.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, runspud asked: