Copy single contact

Old June 6th 06, 12:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
MWG

Default Copy single contact

I want to copy a single or several contacts to a folder outside Outlook? I
will use this to copy some of my contacts from my PC to my laptop.
Old June 6th 06, 03:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

MWG wrote:

I want to copy a single or several contacts to a folder outside
Outlook? I will use this to copy some of my contacts from my PC to
my laptop.

The easiest way is simply to copy your PST to the laptop and open it there,
pulling from it the items you wish to copy.
--
Brian Tillman

Old June 6th 06, 11:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
MWG

Brian -

Thanks, but doesn't that bring in all the contacts on the PC's pst to the
laptop?

Mark

Old June 6th 06, 01:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook

To add to Brian's suggestion.....

you could make an additional pst file (file | new | outlook data file) and
Drag the Contacts into it (make a Contacts Folder). Then take that pst to
the laptop.

--

Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook
Acorn Training and Consulting

Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and learn how to use the Field
Chooser and Group by Box!!

Old June 6th 06, 10:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

MWG wrote:

Thanks, but doesn't that bring in all the contacts on the PC's pst to
the laptop?

Sure, but it doesn't put all the other contacts into your main contacts
folder, since you copy only the ones you want. When you're done copying,
you close the extra PST.

Of you can do as Judy suggested and make a PST whose Contacts folder
contains only the contacts you want and copy that.
--
Brian Tillman