Changing info in Contact / Distribution list

Old May 24th 06, 04:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
KJ

Default Changing info in Contact / Distribution list

Riddle me this...
I have entered contact John Doe.
I have created distribution list "customer" and added John Doe as a member.
John Doe's email address changes so I change it in the contacts window.
This doesn't appear to his address in the distribution list. I thought the
one was linked to the other. Am I missing something or is this just the way
it is?
Any help would be great!
Thanks, KJ

Old May 24th 06, 05:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Try the Update Now button.
Most of the time it won't work. Sometimes it does.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old May 24th 06, 09:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Why didn't you say so? We can't read minds you know.
Welcome to the club, then. I'm still trying to find one person for whom
"Update Now" works. Microsoft keeps putting that button in the DL dialog
even though we've told them it doesn't work. It must work for someone or
they wouldn't keep putting it there, would they?
Anyone out there for whom it works?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old May 24th 06, 11:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:

Anyone out there for whom it works?

I have a DL that when I add the contacts (from the GAL of an Exchange
server), it shows their mail addresses in their SMTP form but when I click
Update Now, it changes SOME (but not all) of the entries to their X.500
address form. Sick.
--
Brian Tillman