How do I make a new email address supercede an old email address?

Old May 12th 06, 08:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
dhbirt

Default How do I make a new email address supercede an old email address?

I have updated a contact's email address but the computer still supplies the
old address for this contact. How can I remove the old address? (Only the new
address appears for that contact in the address book.)
Old May 12th 06, 09:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

dhbirt wrote:

I have updated a contact's email address but the computer still
supplies the old address for this contact.

When?
--
Brian Tillman
Old May 12th 06, 09:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
dhbirt

Default How do I make a new email address supercede an old email addre

When I am typing the contact's name in the "To" box, it finishes with the old
email address instead of the new one. The old one is like a ghost that keeps
haunting. How can I get rid of it?

Old May 13th 06, 04:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

When typing in an address in the TO: field and a list of potential matches
pops up, use the arrow key to select the bad/obsolete/mis-spelled, etc. one
and press delete.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, dhbirt asked: