transfered pst files, but cannot access email address to send

Old May 4th 06, 12:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
john skg

Default transfered pst files, but cannot access email address to send

i recently purchased a new machine and transfered my outlook pst files to the
new machine as noted in export. But when i open a new email to send and go
to "TO" to enter an email from my list of emails no names show up and get a
message saying "the folder has been moved or deleted or no permission allowed"

How can i see all my existing contacts when trying to send an email?

john
Old May 4th 06, 01:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

"Noted in export?"
Exporting is never the correct way to transfer Outlook data.
It is hard to determine how much data you lost. For starters, just configure
your Outlook Address Book by enabling your Contacts Folder as a email
address book in its properties.
If you find other information missing, post back with a more accurate and
complete description of what you did.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old November 16th 06, 06:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Mike

When I go into the properties section of the contact folder the enable as an
email address book is not available, it is grayed out. How do I get to where
I can turn that on?

Old November 16th 06, 07:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Mike wrote:

When I go into the properties section of the contact folder the
enable as an email address book is not available, it is grayed out.
How do I get to where I can turn that on?

Add the Outlook Address Book service to your mail profile.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287563/en-us
--
Brian Tillman