Missing Outlook Contact Folder

Old April 28th 06, 04:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Jalco

Default Missing Outlook Contact Folder

I keep my contacts in separate folders. Two weeks ago I opened my contacts
and my "Company" folder was missing. If I am writing an e-mail and use the
"drop down" window to to select a contact group the "Company" list still
shows. When I click on to that list it says it has been deleted...etc. I
did not delete this list. Yesterday morning another "contact folder" came up
missing. Says it was deleted. What are the file extensions or is there an
easy way to search the hard drive to located these files? Thanks Jane
Old April 28th 06, 04:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Jalco wrote:

I keep my contacts in separate folders. Two weeks ago I opened my
contacts and my "Company" folder was missing. If I am writing an
e-mail and use the "drop down" window to to select a contact group
the "Company" list still shows.

What "drop down" is that? In what window do you find it? What do you click
to see it? What is the name of the firled that contains it?

When I click on to that list it says
it has been deleted...etc. I did not delete this list. Yesterday
morning another "contact folder" came up missing. Says it was
deleted. What are the file extensions or is there an easy way to
search the hard drive to located these files?

Folders in Outlook are not separate files. All your folders are kept in a
single location. If you're using Exchange as your mail server and Exchange
is your delivery location, all the folders are in the Exchange mailbox. If
you are using a Personal Folders File (PST), then all the folders are in
that one file. It is highly unusual for folders to go missing without user
intervention, even if it may be inadvertent.
--
Brian Tillman