Outlook should let me sync phone numbers with my cellphone

Old March 31st 06, 05:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Carlos24

Default Outlook should let me sync phone numbers with my cellphone

How can I manage to sync phone numbers to my cellphone but without the
country code or other information?, I mean, how can I sync my outlook's
contacts phone numbers with my cellphone?, but in the way they should be
dialed, for example, some numbers without the +(country code) or some others
without the area code, etc. It would be nice to have standards for the mail
addresses and phone numbers with an international protocol, including all the
correct information for the way every (or at least the more populars) country
manage their addresses and phone numbers, but with a special function wich
allows the contacts to sync with external devices in special ways, for
example, with a Nokia cellphone with id picture capability, Outlook should
sync my contacts info including the complete name for some contacts, only the
"nickname" for selected contacts, selected information for selected contacts,
etc.; other example, with a Palm Outlook should be able to sync the complete
contact information, with MSN Hotmail, sync also the MSN address in the
Hotmail correct MSN field, etc. Got it? I hope you can read this.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...tlook.contacts
Old March 31st 06, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Carlos24 wrote:

[...]

All this is a function of your sync software and has nothing to do with
Outlook. Make your suggestion to the people who wrote the sync software
you're using.
--
Brian Tillman

Old March 31st 06, 08:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

that should be a feature of the sync software - there are just too many
phones and they change too often for outlook to support any of them.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]