Outlook 2003 sending email from wrong address

Old January 31st 10, 07:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Geoff

Default Outlook 2003 sending email from wrong address

I configured Outlook 2003 to set my Gmail account as the Default. Why are my
outgoing messages appearing to come from my Comcast email address?

Thanks,

Old February 1st 10, 06:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

"Geoff" wrote in message

I configured Outlook 2003 to set my Gmail account as the Default. Why are my
outgoing messages appearing to come from my Comcast email address?

Are these new messages or replies to messages you've received? Did you click
ToolsE-mail AccountsNext, select the gmail account, and click Set as
Default, then stop and restart Outlook?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old February 5th 10, 05:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Geoff

Yes, I have done all that. When I reply to an incoming msg, a gray bar
appears along the top of the msg area saying somethng like "This reply will
be set from your XXXX account". I want all my outgoing msgs to go through
Gmail, and that's the Default I set, so why are some going through Comcast?

Also, I cannot find how to display the technical details of a msg so I can
examine the From address. I could do that in OE but not in full Outlook.

In answer to neo's reply, I have auto-update enabled so I assume I'm current
on everything.

.

Old February 5th 10, 08:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

"Geoff" wrote in message

Yes, I have done all that. When I reply to an incoming msg, a gray bar
appears along the top of the msg area saying somethng like "This reply will
be set from your XXXX account". I want all my outgoing msgs to go through
Gmail, and that's the Default I set, so why are some going through Comcast?

Outlook always replies using the account that receoived the original message.
Apparently these messages arrived via your gmail account.

Also, I cannot find how to display the technical details of a msg so I can
examine the From address. I could do that in OE but not in full Outlook.

You should see the sender in the listing of messages above the Reading Pane in
the From column and in the Reading Pane itself above the message body. If you
don't see it in the message list, make sure you're using the Messages view.
If you don't see it in the Reading Pane, right-click the small gray border
around the Reading Mane and select "Header Information". Are you reading in
the Reading Pane? Right-click the message's entry in the Inbox and choose
Options. Opening the message first? If Click ViewOptions.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]