outllok migration after new hdd and complete reinstall of all soft

Old September 27th 09, 05:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
bbklbj

Default outllok migration after new hdd and complete reinstall of all soft

my pst file on flash drive also on my netbook
linix server so no exchange
All emails are still on the server - I use just host no ms exchange support
I have 5 email accounts to do

I want to know how to install my pst files which has all folders and emails
in it and then connect to the server with out double copying all that is in
the pst as the server only has the emails no folders etc.

I have decent knowldege of how to import pst and decent outlook knowledge

hopefully htere is a simple way to do it to save me time

thanks
bbklbj
Old September 28th 09, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Roady [MVP]

There is no need to import anything. To reconnect your pst-files use File-
Open- Outlook Data File...

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

Old September 28th 09, 05:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
bbklbj

Default outllok migration after new hdd and complete reinstall of all

thanks - that helps - and now have my pst files in outlook all working ok -
but not connectiing to the server as the server will download all emails
again - they will all go into the inbox - this is what I'm trying to avoid
is there a way for outlook to tell a non exchange server not to download
messsages already in outlook - leave on the server - maybe a way to tell
the server a date rage of what is already on my laptop?
bbklbj

Old September 28th 09, 11:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Roady [MVP]

Using a POP3 account I assume?
You can only configure this via the web client offered by your ISP if it
supports that.
Otherwise, move the messages on the server out of the Inbox and POP3 won't
see them for downloading. You can always move the items back into the Inbox
on the server if you want Outlook to download them again.

An Outlook solution would be to still download all the messages but create a
rule to move all the received items to a Temp folder so you can easily
delete them and won't be generating duplicates across folders. After
everything has been downloaded, disable the rule.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

news

Old September 29th 09, 11:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
bbklbj

yess pop3

thanks!!! was hoping for a magic easy 30 sec fix but all of this will work
good! thanks for taking your time!
guess I'm going to have to pay for exchange one of these days!

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

Using a POP3 account I assume?
You can only configure this via the web client offered by your ISP if it
supports that.
Otherwise, move the messages on the server out of the Inbox and POP3 won't
see them for downloading. You can always move the items back into the Inbox
on the server if you want Outlook to download them again.

An Outlook solution would be to still download all the messages but create a
rule to move all the received items to a Temp folder so you can easily
delete them and won't be generating duplicates across folders. After
everything has been downloaded, disable the rule.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/