Any resolution to Outlook 2003 conflict with Vista and Fixmapi.exe

Old July 19th 09, 12:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Doug

Default Any resolution to Outlook 2003 conflict with Vista and Fixmapi.exe

I just got Vista 64 bit on a new computer and am trying unsuccessfully to get
Outlook 2003 to load from CD's. I keep getting the same error message that
others have gotten -- the MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or the wrong version, etc.
I've run Fixmapi.exe but Outlook 2003 is still not working. I've read
several posts about this problem and the only "answer" that seems to have
worked is to get Outlook 2007. Isn't there a better answer that doesn't
require one to pay for an upgrade to 2007?

Old July 20th 09, 06:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Doug

Default Any resolution to Outlook 2003 conflict with Vista and Fixmapi

I did have a trial version of 2007 Office pre-installed, but I uninstalled it
before trying to load 2003 Outlook from the CD.

Old July 21st 09, 07:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Is the message MAPI32.DLL or "MS" Mapi.dll is corrupt...?

If the latter, you need to delete that specific file and then open Outlook
again.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Doug asked:

| I just got Vista 64 bit on a new computer and am trying
| unsuccessfully to get Outlook 2003 to load from CD's. I keep getting
| the same error message that others have gotten -- the MAPI32.DLL is
| corrupt or the wrong version, etc. I've run Fixmapi.exe but Outlook
| 2003 is still not working. I've read several posts about this
| problem and the only "answer" that seems to have worked is to get
| Outlook 2007. Isn't there a better answer that doesn't require one
| to pay for an upgrade to 2007?

calendar conflict resolution Bob Pate Outlook - Calandaring 0 May 27th 09 04:19 PM
Fixmapi.exe sns Outlook - Installation 0 September 21st 08 06:01 PM
Outlook2000 Name resolution problem with Vista Tash Outlook - Using Contacts 2 July 1st 08 11:29 PM
is there an "ask me" option for conflict resolution w/hotsync? DawnInDavis Outlook - Calandaring 1 September 22nd 06 05:29 AM
Outlook 2003 - name resolution - cache Sean Outlook - General Queries 2 April 4th 06 10:14 AM