Outlook 2007 inboxes x 2 problem

Old November 12th 08, 07:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Judy

Default Outlook 2007 inboxes x 2 problem

I recently bought a new Vista Desktop with an Office 2007 trial software and
used the wizard to configure my email account before migrating my old data.
I have ended up with 2 inboxes:

1 Personal folders inbox which doesn't receive my mail - used to work fine
my old PCl
2. email address folder inbox which does receive my mail.

I cant use junk mail rules on the inbox in the email address folder and when
I move mail to my personal folders inbox, it just crosses them out but doesnt
actually delete them.

The email address inbox folder is of type "Folder containing iMap items",
whereas the personal folder inbox is of type "Folder containing mail and post
items".

Have looked but cant work out what to change in my account set up to fix the
problem so my emails come into my personal folders inbox and I can ditch the
other inbox.

Old November 12th 08, 05:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Mary

If you don't intend to buy ($150+) and upgrade to the full version within 30
days, you are wasting your time setting up Outlook. Make sure you backup your
file because when the trial period is up soon, Outlook will stop working.

Old November 12th 08, 08:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

Do you have an IMAP or Pop mail account, or both?

How exactly did you migrate old outlook data?

Old November 13th 08, 04:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Judy" wrote in message

I recently bought a new Vista Desktop with an Office 2007 trial software
and
used the wizard to configure my email account before migrating my old
data.
I have ended up with 2 inboxes:

1 Personal folders inbox which doesn't receive my mail - used to work
fine
my old PCl
2. email address folder inbox which does receive my mail.

I cant use junk mail rules on the inbox in the email address folder and
when
I move mail to my personal folders inbox, it just crosses them out but
doesnt
actually delete them.

You have two sets of folders because on of them (where the messages get
crossed out) is an IMAP account and IMAP accounts ALWAYS get their own
folder sets that reflect the folders on the server. The only way you can
merge the two is to use POP instread of IMAP.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]