Outlook connector keeps asking for password

Old November 1st 08, 05:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Hugo[_2_]

Default Outlook connector keeps asking for password

I have 1 pop email and 4 free live email accounts set up in my outlook 2007.
Even though I have the remember my password checked, I intermittently get a
sign-in box for one or more of my live email accounts. Also, sometimes the
password is already entered and other times I have to manually enter it.
Anyone having any ideas why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.
Old January 8th 09, 05:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Rich

It is one of microsoft common errors that they seem not to want to fix.
Becareful of any white pages that tell you how to fix it by setting up a new
profile. I lost my rules tab in the menu bar, lost the hotmail accounts in my
listing completely, and lost all my email accounts. I had to go back to the
old profile to retain all my settings.

I have seen other posts where the paid accounts dont have this problem. It
may be MS way to get you to upgrade to a paid account. I only have a hotmail
account because you need it if you want to sign in to MS pages. I will keep
my own domain emials as primary email. You have a lot less problems having
your own emails through hosting servers, cable companies etc.

Old January 8th 09, 09:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Rich" wrote in message

It is one of microsoft common errors that they seem not to want to fix.
Becareful of any white pages that tell you how to fix it by setting up a
new
profile. I lost my rules tab in the menu bar, lost the hotmail accounts in
my
listing completely, and lost all my email accounts. I had to go back to
the
old profile to retain all my settings.

Naturally a new mail profile contains no mail accounts and you have to
create them. it also contains no references to data files. That's the
whole idea. New profiles are empty.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old January 12th 09, 10:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Hugo" wrote in message

Brian, any suggestions for the problem I'm having with connector?

I use the Outlook Connector when I'm using Vista, but only with one account
so I'm completely familiar with it. I don't know if the number of accounts
has any bearing.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old January 13th 09, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote in message

I use the Outlook Connector when I'm using Vista, but only with one
account so I'm completely familiar with it.

That should read "so I'm not completely familiar with it."
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old January 26th 09, 06:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Bryan

I believe it does have to do with multiple accounts. I have a single
Microsoft Windows Live.com account and when I added a Microsoft Office Live
Small Business account that I set up on Microsoft Office Live Small Business
to my Microsoft Office Live Outlook Connector I started having the same
problem.. It never resolved itself... that is until I removed the 2nd
account. I've since moved my business to Google Apps where I'm having a LOT
less problems, more like none.

I'm growing anti-microsoft as time goes by.. The so-called solutions are
poorly conceived, poorly developed, and poorly implemented, and when
implemented there are always numerous problems. Then you're stuck with
little or no support. Solutions are to remove and reinstall.. That takes my
valuable time and I'm growing tired of giving my time to Microsoft to beta
test or t-shoot their products. I feel I've paid for Windows Ultimate,
Office Ultimate and I should be able to get help besides user communities
where there's only a 50% chance I'll get my problem resolved all the while
spending more of my time digging through the many useless threads.

I think the company is run by a bunch of marketing idiots therefore the
products are suffering badly in quality, and even in their ability to provide
the very functional solutions to their customers that they're advertised to
provide. It's no wonder Google is becoming so popular.. they do everything
right and Microsoft fumbles on everything it touches.

Old February 1st 09, 01:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Hugo[_2_]

You are so on target about Micro**** wasting our valuable time; they must
think everyone has all the time in the world to try and solve problems with
their programs.
Today, I had to start a new post in general discussions about my emails
sometimes being sent from an account other than the selected default!!
It just never ends.