Exchange Server 2003 Connection

Old March 10th 06, 03:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Richard Richter

Default Exchange Server 2003 Connection

A few days ago, it was necessary to reinstall Win XP SP2 on a client
computer. Since then, they have not been able to find the Exchange server on
the Small Business Server 2003 computer.

When attempting to open Outlook 2003 on the client computer, I get several
messages. The first is:

The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must
be online or connected to complete this action.

I then get a Microsoft Exchange Server window to attach to the server. When
I click the Check Name button I get the following message:

The Name could not be resolved. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange
Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connect to complete this
action.

I press the OK button and receive the last message:

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open this Outlook window.
The set of folders could not be opened. The serve is not available Contact
your administrator if this condition persists.

Outlook then closes.

I checked the Microsoft Knowledge base and read Article ID 822503. I thought
I had hit the jackpot. I cant even find the Change Office User Settings
page.

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Richard Richter

Old March 11th 06, 12:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post to an Exchange group.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Richard Richter asked: