Enable "On fast networks, connect using HTTP..." for Outlook Anywh

Old March 18th 08, 02:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
buhockey21

Default Enable "On fast networks, connect using HTTP..." for Outlook Anywh

For our external Outlook 2007 Anywhere users, we need to enable the "On fast
networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP" checkbox under
Exchange Proxy Settings in order for Autodiscover to work properly with
Exchange.

Previously, we accomplished this on Outlook 2003 via the
EnableRPCtunnelingUI entry under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\O utlook\RPC.

Any help on automating this checkbox? Thank you

Old March 19th 08, 09:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
buhockey21

Sorry for the re-post, but can anybody out there offer insight on this very
important setting for our organization? We could have potentially hundreds
of folks requiring this box to be enabled and we don't necessarily want them
poking around their Outlook profile trying to enable it.

According to a Microsoft Exchange technical rep. we spoke with over the
phone a few days back regarding a different issue, there is a way to automate
this.

Old March 20th 08, 03:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Roady [MVP]

The registry key you are referring to doesn't do what you claim it to. It
only provides a way to show/hide that dialog.

The setting you actually want can be deployed via a prf-, cmw or mst-file.
All which can be created via the OCT.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/