Error 25090 - Office Source Engine, system error 2147024893

Old January 31st 08, 01:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
jcswarriorprincess

Default Error 25090 - Office Source Engine, system error 2147024893

I have not been able to install any updates Office Outlook 2003 for
approximately six months now. The event error suggests that I open
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\SETUP.CHM and look for
"Office Source Engine" for information on how to resolve the problem, which I
have done.

In attempting to resolve the problem, in Services and Applications under
Computer Management in Manage from My Computer, to start the Office Source
Engine, I get the following message: "Could not start the Office Source
Engine service on Local Computer. Error 3: The system cannot find the path
specified."

How do I fix this error without reinstalling Microsoft Outlook Professional
2003, and so that my updates can resume and install automatically?

Old February 6th 08, 12:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
jcswarriorprincess

Is anyone out there that can help me fix this? I really want to download the
updates for Office and Outlook. Please assist as soon as possible.

Thank you

jcswarriorprincess

Old March 26th 08, 06:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
[email protected]

"jcswarriorprincess" wrote:

I have not been able to install any updates Office Outlook 2003 for
approximately six months now. *The event error suggests that I open
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\SETUP.CHM and look for
"Office Source Engine" for information on how to resolve the problem, which I
have done. *

In attempting to resolve the problem, in Services and Applications under
Computer Management in Manage from My Computer, to start the Office Source
Engine, I get the following message: *"Could not start the Office Source
Engine service on Local Computer. *Error 3: The system cannot find the path
specified."

How do I fix this error without reinstalling Microsoft Outlook Professional
2003, and so that my updates can resume and install automatically?- Hide quoted text -

Log on with Administrative privileges.
Right click on My Computer.
Select Manager.
Click on Services and Applications.
Select Services.
Find Office Source Engine and enable the Service.
Start the service
Old March 26th 08, 09:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
jcswarriorprincess

I've tried this Ted, it doesn't work. It won't allow me to make the
adjustment. That's why I've attempted to get some help on this.

Lily

Old November 30th 08, 01:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Patty

Ted,
After 7 hours of trying to fix my office outlook, your instructions finally
got my computer fixed!!! Thank you so much, and please, how can I vote for
you to be a Microsoft Most Valued Player??
best,
Patty