Outlook 2007 HTML format and saving messages

Old January 30th 08, 10:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Bryan

Default Outlook 2007 HTML format and saving messages

The way Outlook 2007 handles HTML has changed in version 2007. I don't like
a couple of the changes and would like to reverse these if possible.

1) How can I direct Outlook to use HTML as the default message format but
NOT use Microsoft Word? There used to be an option to select, or deslect
Microsoft Words as the message editor. I do not want to use Microsoft Word.

2) Even more annoying, how can I save messages as HTML format WITHOUT saving
a corresponding folder of images ? I absolutely HATE that and will consider
using another email program if I can't change this behavior. I don't want my
data folders polluted with a bunch of folders linked to HTML files. I want a
single file and don't care about the image files at all. Is MHT the only
choice now?

I'm considering reverting to Office 2003.. This new version can't possibly
make people more productive or cut costs.. Not to mention the utter
instability of Outlook..

Thanks
Bryan
Old January 30th 08, 11:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Roady [MVP]

1) Nope, any reason for this? Note that is is a completely new editor that
cannot directly be compared with either the previous Outlook or Word mail
editor.

2) mht, msg, txt. Open the message in a browser (see the Action menu when
opening the message) and you'd be having even more options including a
stripped html-file (no images)

Not to mention the utter instability of Outlook.

You mean the instability of your installed addins? It's pretty d*mn hard to
crash Outlook on its own in a properly configured environment.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/