Outlook 2007 locks up after upgrade from 2003

Old October 5th 07, 05:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Bob Kelley

Default Outlook 2007 locks up after upgrade from 2003

I have tried several times to run Outlook 2007 for the first time fter
upgrading from 2003, each time it starts a migration process and then stops
responding. I went through the subsequent troubleshooting steps and even ran
the Office diagnostics application which returned all passing results.

I upgraded from Office 2003 pro to Office 2007 pro on a machine running
Windows XP SP2 and meeting all of the hardware requirements for the package.
The other applications seem to start properly the first time run. I am using
Symantec Norton 360 security software and ran Microsoft Update after
installing the upgrade for Windows and Office.

Any ideas and suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob
--
Bob Kelley
Independenet Business Services
Old November 4th 07, 03:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Kirk B

I'm in the exact same boat, so I wish someone would give a helpful responce
to your post. I upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 Pro Plus. Everything
else works just fine (Word '07, Excel '07, PowerPoint '07, etc), but Outlook
'07 stops responding a few seconds after opening... when a migration begins,
just like you are saying.

I see it has been a month since you posted.. Any luck? If so, I'd like to
know the trick.

-K

Old November 5th 07, 01:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Kirk B wrote:

I'm in the exact same boat, so I wish someone would give a helpful
responce to your post. I upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 Pro
Plus. Everything else works just fine (Word '07, Excel '07,
PowerPoint '07, etc), but Outlook '07 stops responding a few seconds
after opening... when a migration begins, just like you are saying.

Upgrading from Outlook 2003 to 2007 nearly always requires a new mail
profile to get Outlook to work correctly. Avoid integrating your AV scanner
into Outlook and avoid Google Desktop Search as well.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]