how do i import outlook 2000 data into outlook 2003?

Old September 26th 07, 01:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Tinker

Default how do i import outlook 2000 data into outlook 2003?

I upgraded from Office Pro 2000 to Office Pro 2003. My Outlook folders,
emails and address book are not available to me now. I understand they are
in a different file format, and I would appreciate knowing how to import them
into the new program.
Thank you
Old September 26th 07, 01:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

The data folder design has been updated in Outlook 2003, however, an earlier
version data folder will work with it just fine. Re-connect Outlook to it:

Reconnect your old Outlook data file

Once you've done that, you can continue to use the Outlook 2000 data file,
if you wish, or you can drag and drop it's contents into a new version
folder. The primary differenct between these data folders is the older one
has a size limit of about 1.6 GB, while the newer one can be MUCH larger.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

Old September 26th 07, 02:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Tinker

I can see the old personal folders file in Outlook 2003, but they aren't
accessible. They are in a 1997-2002 format (it says), and I've upgraded to
2003 from 2000.
Thanks.

Old September 26th 07, 11:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

I absolutely guarantee you that you can use a 1997-2002 .PST file with
Outlook 2003. With Outlook open, go to 'File|Open|Outlook Data File',
navigate to your 1997-2002 .PST file and click OK. I have a .PST file
created with Outlook 98 on this Vista Ultimate machine and Outlook 2007 uses
it just fine when connected to it as above. If you were thinking about
IMPORTING this .PST file, PLEASE DO NOT DO SO! Importing a .PST will almost
certainly corrupt the Outlook profile you're using, plus you'll lose the
following information:

1. Custom Forms
2. Custom Views
3. Connections between contacts and activities
4. Received dates on mail
5. Birthdays and anniversaries in calendar
6. Journal connections
7. Distribution Lists

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

Old September 27th 07, 01:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Tinker

Bless you, Hal!!!!!! That was so simple; almost elegant. Certainly
successful. Do you have similar magic to make my contact list go into my
address book? Or can I find that somewhere and plop it back where it
belongs, also?
Thank you incredibly much,
Tinker