strange outlook 2003, visio 2007, pop3 and exchange accounts probl

Old September 5th 07, 01:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Shaun Longhurst

Default strange outlook 2003, visio 2007, pop3 and exchange accounts probl

We have a user with a laptop who has outlook 2003 installed. We have her
company email configured for exchange 2003 and she has a personal email
account configured for pop3 access. Whenever she receives an email on the
pop3 account, she always gets the microsoft office visio 2007 installer come
up and say it is configuring visio 2007, and then when done asks her to
restart. When restart has occured there is an event in the event log saying
that msi installer for visio failed its configuraton. We have tried rolling
her back to Visio 2003 and the same thing happens.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old September 8th 07, 12:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

This utility might help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us
Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

"Shaun Longhurst" wrote in