Unable to receive emails in Outlook 2007 but can send email no pro

Old July 23rd 07, 01:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
braz

Default Unable to receive emails in Outlook 2007 but can send email no pro

Hi,

I have Outlook 2007 installed on laptop and have set-up an email account to
use. The problem is that I can send email to other people's email addresses
from this outlook 2007 account, but I am unable to receive email from other
people?

Have set up a new 'test' profile to see if this could solve the problem but
unfortunately the problem is exactly the same for the test profile too.

Not sure what's going on with the application in this instance & appreciate
in advance any help you can offer me for this particular prob.

Thanks for reading.
Old July 23rd 07, 10:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
BillR [MVP]

Any error Messages at all?
Does Outlook connect to the POP3 server? You can test the account settings
via the account properties for that account. Also check if you need to
authenticate to receive email.

--
Bill R MVP

Old July 23rd 07, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Oliver Vukovics

Hi braz,

I only know this site for Outlook 2003 with this problem::

"I can send, but not receive e-mail messages"
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...117021033.aspx

Maybe it helps.

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

Old July 23rd 07, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
braz

Default Unable to receive emails in Outlook 2007 but can send email no

Hi & thanks for responding,

Outlook does connect to POP3 server & tests all ok (via acc properties) &
have checked regarding authentication and I do not need to authenticate.

I can't understand what is happening here - again thanks for your reply.

Old July 24th 07, 09:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
BillR [MVP]

Any add-ins installed? IS antivirus integration enabled? If it is disable
it. Try disabling any add-ins and see if it helps.

--
Bill R MVP

Old July 24th 07, 09:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
braz

Hi guys,

I followed the steps within microsoft knowledge base
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935400 to disable the autotuning level from
the command prompt as I use Vista. I tried to receive various test messages
in Outlook again which unfortunately still couldn't receive the e-mails, but
Outlook itself was still able to send.

However, I'm convinced that the disabling has indeed fixed the problem or
played a strong part at least because after doing the above I decided to
delete the email account from within Outlook (as I previously did many times)
& start over.

I again created a 'test' profile & checked to make sure it tested ok within
properties of account in which the test account unfortunately still couldn't
receive e-mails, but again was still able to send.

I deleted the test profile thereafter & decided to choose the default
'outlook' profile to configure all over again... lo & behold after
configuring the 'outlook' profile and re-testing with various test messages,
the test messages were now being delivered into the inbox & viewable!

Thanks again for your time & replies,

braz