Outlook 2007 Imap Emails Folder Location Issue

Old June 11th 07, 12:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
carl

Default Outlook 2007 Imap Emails Folder Location Issue

In previous Outlook programs the Imap emails were posted in the Personal
Folder.pst which when you wanted to see how many emails you had for a
particular email account you could do that from Outlook Personal Folder on
the desk top. Now that I've upgraded to Outlook 2007 these same imap emails
are now listed in an "Archive Folder" rather than the "Personal Folder" so
they do not post in Outlook on my desk top. I've tried to move these files to
the Personal Folder but without success. What can I do to fix this issue?
Thanks.
--
Carl
Old June 11th 07, 02:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Carl wrote:

In previous Outlook programs the Imap emails were posted in the
Personal Folder.pst which when you wanted to see how many emails you
had for a particular email account you could do that from Outlook
Personal Folder on the desk top. Now that I've upgraded to Outlook
2007 these same imap emails are now listed in an "Archive Folder"
rather than the "Personal Folder" so they do not post in Outlook on
my desk top. I've tried to move these files to the Personal Folder
but without success. What can I do to fix this issue? Thanks.

There's no way I know to tell Outlook to use the Archive PST as the cache
for an IMAP account. IMAP accounts have their own folder sets. What data
files does the Mail applet in Control Panel show you're using?
--
Brian Tillman

Old June 12th 07, 10:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
carl

First I want to thank you for answering my plea for help and for taking your
time. The data file is called Personal File (Notebook) but the format for
this file is Outlook 97-2002 which I find odd since I am using Outlook 2007.
There is a list of about 6-7 different files listed in this data file Mail
applet. There are two Archive File folders and some files that are my email
accounts. I am so new to all this that I have to admit "Mail applet" doesn't
mean a thing to me. I'm not sure what to do at this point to resolve the
issue. Any assistance is greatly appreciated, more than you will ever know.
Thank you so much.
--
Carl

Old June 14th 07, 12:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Carl wrote:

First I want to thank you for answering my plea for help and for
taking your time. The data file is called Personal File (Notebook)
but the format for this file is Outlook 97-2002 which I find odd
since I am using Outlook 2007.

Apparently your PST is left over from Outlook 2002 or earlier.

There is a list of about 6-7 different
files listed in this data file Mail applet. There are two Archive
File folders and some files that are my email accounts. I am so new
to all this that I have to admit "Mail applet" doesn't mean a thing
to me. I'm not sure what to do at this point to resolve the issue.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated, more than you will ever know.

Open Control Panel, find the icon labeled Mail. That's the Mail applet.
Start it and click Data Files. What do you see listed there on the Data
Files tab?
--
Brian Tillman

Old June 15th 07, 04:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Carl wrote:

Brian. I see the following files:

It may be a while before I can address this. I'm going out of town for a
week and won'r have access to OL 2007. However, if I were you, I'd just
delete the IMAP accounts, which should remove the PSTs as well, and add them
back in, if you want. If that doesn't help, report back.
--
Brian Tillman

Old July 10th 07, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Brian Tillman wrote:

It may be a while before I can address this. I'm going out of town
for a week and won'r have access to OL 2007. However, if I were you,
I'd just delete the IMAP accounts, which should remove the PSTs as
well, and add them back in, if you want. If that doesn't help,
report back.

Still waiting for the "report back", so I'll conclude that the suggestion
helped.
--
Brian Tillman