migrate outlook 2002 - 2003 - problems

Old April 5th 07, 07:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Benjamin

Default migrate outlook 2002 - 2003 - problems

Hay hay,

Problem: Outlook 2002 is not been removed when 2003 is rolled out.

Details: Domain env. have created custom mst(yes it is set to remove
previous versions.) and prf file. using gp to deploy.

The 2003 installs just fine and connects to exchange etc all auto, but if a
user clicks the 2002 icon it will install and auto configure.

Any ideas?
Is there a script I can include to remove 2002 as well in the mst?

Also, is it possible to setup a script to run which would export the current
2002 prf to a given dir eg, windows/files/my.prf, which could then be used
for the prf in the mst file as opposed to migrating settings? (yes or no will
be fine and maybe a link to were to find out how to do this.)

Old April 5th 07, 09:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Roady [MVP]

Was Office XP also deployed by GPO? If so make sure to set the Office 2003
package to update the Office XP package.
I assume you assigned the package to the machine and not to the user?

No, you cannot export a running mail configuration to a prf-file.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----