ImportPRF

Old January 8th 07, 10:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
John

Default ImportPRF

I am trying to deploy a custom PRF for Outlook 2003. The import works fine
but intitates the startup wizard as if I were a new user instead of modifying
the existing profile when I manually import the profile by double clicking on
it; or import it via a logon script.

I have read the Customizing a PRF whitepaper and lots of research but cannot
see what is wrong. Below is the first part of the prf file. Hopefully
someone could see what is wrong.

***************************************

;Automatically generated PRF file from the Microsoft Office Customization
and Installation Wizard

; ************************************************** ************
; Section 1 - Profile Defaults
; ************************************************** ************

[General]
Custom=1
BackupProfile=No
DefaultProfile=Yes
OverwriteProfile=Append
ModifyDefaultProfileIfPresent=TRUE

; ************************************************** ************
; Section 2 - Services in Profile
; ************************************************** ************

[Service List]
;ServiceX=Microsoft Outlook Client
ServiceEGS=Exchange Global Section
ServiceX=Microsoft Outlook Client

;************************************************* **************
; Section 3 - List of internet accounts
Old January 8th 07, 10:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

The issue may not be your PRF file but how you're deploying it. For a silent application, you need to use the ImportPRF registry key, as the white paper describes.

You also didn't show us whether you actually have any email accounts in your PRF.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old January 9th 07, 04:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
John

I have looked at this some more and recreated the PRF with the changes I
want. I found that the PRF imports successfully if I double click on it then
open Outlook to verify the changes.

When I try to do this from a batch file - to enabled a Silent installation
("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\outlook.exe" /importprf
archive.prf) and then open Outlook. Outlook decides to create a new profile
instead of importing into the existing profile.

You mentioned the ImportPRF registry key. I have looked at this in the
whitepaper (Outlook Deployment Options - Customizing a PRF File - page 13 &
14). My understanding is that this is an alternative to the batch file above.

I would prefer to use the batch file above through a logon script.

Since manually importing the changes works - this suggests that there is
nothing wrong with the PRF itself. Maybe my syntax is incorrect for the
batch file.

Further advice would be greatly appreciated.
John.
Old January 9th 07, 04:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Could you post the first two sections of the .prf file you're currently using, please? Your Outlook build number might also be relevant.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old January 9th 07, 04:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
John

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Whole PRF File Posted (I know Archive PST to a network drive is not
recomended but want to use it anyway for now).

[...]

[Internet Account List]

;************************************************* **************
; Section 4 - Default values for each service.
;************************************************* **************

[ServiceEGS]

[ServiceX]
DoAutoArchive=True
AutoArchiveFileName=r:\%username%\archive.pst

;************************************************* **************
; Section 5 - Values for each internet account.
;************************************************* **************

;************************************************* **************
; Section 6 - Mapping for profile properties
;************************************************* **************

[Microsoft Exchange Server]
ServiceName=MSEMS
MDBGUID=5494A1C0297F101BA58708002B2A2517
MailboxName=PT_STRING8,0x6607
HomeServer=PT_STRING8,0x6608
OfflineAddressBookPath=PT_STRING8,0x660E
OfflineFolderPath=PT_STRING8,0x6610

[Exchange Global Section]
SectionGUID=13dbb0c8aa05101a9bb000aa002fc45a
MailboxName=PT_STRING8,0x6607
HomeServer=PT_STRING8,0x6608
RPCoverHTTPflags=PT_LONG,0x6623
RPCProxyServer=PT_UNICODE,0x6622
RPCProxyPrincipalName=PT_UNICODE,0x6625
RPCProxyAuthScheme=PT_LONG,0x6627
CachedExchangeConfigFlags=PT_LONG,0x6629

[Microsoft Mail]
ServiceName=MSFS
ServerPath=PT_STRING8,0x6600
Mailbox=PT_STRING8,0x6601
Password=PT_STRING8,0x67f0
RememberPassword=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6606
ConnectionType=PT_LONG,0x6603
UseSessionLog=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6604
SessionLogPath=PT_STRING8,0x6605
EnableUpload=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6620
EnableDownload=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6621
UploadMask=PT_LONG,0x6622
NetBiosNotification=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6623
NewMailPollInterval=PT_STRING8,0x6624
DisplayGalOnly=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6625
UseHeadersOnLAN=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6630
UseLocalAdressBookOnLAN=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6631
UseExternalToHelpDeliverOnLAN=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6632
UseHeadersOnRAS=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6640
UseLocalAdressBookOnRAS=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6641
UseExternalToHelpDeliverOnRAS=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6639
ConnectOnStartup=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6642
DisconnectAfterRetrieveHeaders=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6643
DisconnectAfterRetrieveMail=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6644
DisconnectOnExit=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6645
DefaultDialupConnectionName=PT_STRING8,0x6646
DialupRetryCount=PT_STRING8,0x6648
DialupRetryDelay=PT_STRING8,0x6649

[Personal Folders]
ServiceName=MSPST MS
Name=PT_STRING8,0x3001
PathToPersonalFolders=PT_STRING8,0x6700
RememberPassword=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6701
EncryptionType=PT_LONG,0x6702
Password=PT_STRING8,0x6703

[Unicode Personal Folders]
ServiceName=MSUPST MS
Name=PT_UNICODE,0x3001
PathToPersonalFolders=PT_STRING8,0x6700
RememberPassword=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6701
EncryptionType=PT_LONG,0x6702
Password=PT_STRING8,0x6703

[Outlook Address Book]
ServiceName=CONTAB

[LDAP Directory]
ServiceName=EMABLT
ServerName=PT_STRING8,0x6600
UserName=PT_STRING8,0x6602
UseSSL=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6613
UseSPA=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6615
DisableVLV=PT_LONG,0x6616
DisplayName=PT_STRING8,0x3001
ConnectionPort=PT_STRING8,0x6601
SearchTimeout=PT_STRING8,0x6607
MaxEntriesReturned=PT_STRING8,0x6608
SearchBase=PT_STRING8,0x6603

[Microsoft Outlook Client]
SectionGUID=0a0d020000000000c000000000000046
FormDirectoryPage=PT_STRING8,0x0270
WebServicesLocation=PT_STRING8,0x0271
ComposeWithWebServices=PT_BOOLEAN,0x0272
PromptWhenUsingWebServices=PT_BOOLEAN,0x0273
OpenWithWebServices=PT_BOOLEAN,0x0274
CachedExchangeMode=PT_LONG,0x041f
CachedExchangeSlowDetect=PT_BOOLEAN,0x0420
AutoArchiveFileName=PT_STRING8,0x0324

[Personal Address Book]
ServiceName=MSPST AB
NameOfPAB=PT_STRING8,0x001e3001
Path=PT_STRING8,0x001e6600
ShowNamesBy=PT_LONG,0x00036601

; ************************************************** **********************
; Section 7 - Mapping for internet account properties. DO NOT MODIFY.
; ************************************************** **********************

[I_Mail]
AccountType=POP3
;--- POP3 Account Settings ---
AccountName=PT_UNICODE,0x0002
DisplayName=PT_UNICODE,0x000B
EmailAddress=PT_UNICODE,0x000C
;--- POP3 Account Settings ---
POP3Server=PT_UNICODE,0x0100
POP3UserName=PT_UNICODE,0x0101
POP3UseSPA=PT_LONG,0x0108
Organization=PT_UNICODE,0x0107
ReplyEmailAddress=PT_UNICODE,0x0103
POP3Port=PT_LONG,0x0104
POP3UseSSL=PT_LONG,0x0105
; --- SMTP Account Settings ---
SMTPServer=PT_UNICODE,0x0200
SMTPUseAuth=PT_LONG,0x0203
SMTPAuthMethod=PT_LONG,0x0208
SMTPUserName=PT_UNICODE,0x0204
SMTPUseSPA=PT_LONG,0x0207
ConnectionType=PT_LONG,0x000F
ConnectionOID=PT_UNICODE,0x0010
SMTPPort=PT_LONG,0x0201
SMTPUseSSL=PT_LONG,0x0202
ServerTimeOut=PT_LONG,0x0209
LeaveOnServer=PT_LONG,0x1000

[IMAP_I_Mail]
AccountType=IMAP
;--- IMAP Account Settings ---
AccountName=PT_UNICODE,0x0002
DisplayName=PT_UNICODE,0x000B
EmailAddress=PT_UNICODE,0x000C
;--- IMAP Account Settings ---
IMAPServer=PT_UNICODE,0x0100
IMAPUserName=PT_UNICODE,0x0101
IMAPUseSPA=PT_LONG,0x0108
Organization=PT_UNICODE,0x0107
ReplyEmailAddress=PT_UNICODE,0x0103
IMAPPort=PT_LONG,0x0104
IMAPUseSSL=PT_LONG,0x0105
; --- SMTP Account Settings ---
SMTPServer=PT_UNICODE,0x0200
SMTPUseAuth=PT_LONG,0x0203
SMTPAuthMethod=PT_LONG,0x0208
SMTPUserName=PT_UNICODE,0x0204
SMTPUseSPA=PT_LONG,0x0207
ConnectionType=PT_LONG,0x000F
ConnectionOID=PT_UNICODE,0x0010
SMTPPort=PT_LONG,0x0201
SMTPUseSSL=PT_LONG,0x0202
ServerTimeOut=PT_LONG,0x0209
CheckNewImap=PT_LONG,0x1100
RootFolder=PT_UNICODE,0x1101

[INET_HTTP]
AccountType=HOTMAIL
Account=PT_UNICODE,0x0002
HttpServer=PT_UNICODE,0x0100
UserName=PT_UNICODE,0x0101
Organization=PT_UNICODE,0x0107
UseSPA=PT_LONG,0x0108
TimeOut=PT_LONG,0x0209
Reply=PT_UNICODE,0x0103
EmailAddress=PT_UNICODE,0x000C
FullName=PT_UNICODE,0x000B
Connection Type=PT_LONG,0x000F
ConnectOID=PT_UNICODE,0x0010

Old January 9th 07, 02:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

I imported your PRF file (with one change -- a hardcoded archive .pst path) and it worked just fine. No new profile was created. I can't explain the behavior you're seeing.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old January 9th 07, 09:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
John

I tried the hard coded network drive located rather than %username% also.
This made no difference to the behavour on my system.

I may just have to email the file company wide and have everyone manually
import it.

Thanks for your help.

John.
Old January 10th 07, 03:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
John

Sue,
I have found that adding in the Profile name (ProfileName=Outlook) as per
below has eliminated this issue. Thought you would like to know this.

;Automatically generated PRF file from the Microsoft Office Customization
and Installation Wizard

; Section 1 - Profile Defaults

[General]
Custom=1