I'm Lost outlook PST and Data

Old December 26th 06, 12:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
markm

Default I'm Lost outlook PST and Data

I keep all my data in a partitioned D drive after moving the data to a cople
of computers and having troble every time finding my contacts and past
e-mail, i have a new computer now with outlook 2003, my outlook data in my
data drive hase two or three outlook pst files in it and two or three
Personal Folders in it , is there a way i can clean this up what i like to do
is combind all the like files in to one PST folder and One personal folder
file can someone give me some direction on the correct way to transfer past
outlook data to a new computer with a partition data .drive
--
Thanks for your help M&M
Old December 26th 06, 01:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Open each PST file in Outlook. Decide which one has most of the data you
want. Copy the data from the others into that one, then set it as your
default PST file for that profile. Restart Outlook and close all other PST
files.
Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer:
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm
http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm

Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old December 26th 06, 01:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

And, if your previous OL version was pre OL2003.
Using a new OL2003 data file, in OL2003 format, open your other pst's and
copy data to this new pst.
(Using old format pst may give rise to pst oversize probs)