Outlook 2007 (final), Vista (final) and Exchange 2003

Old November 17th 06, 03:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
AlexL

Default Outlook 2007 (final), Vista (final) and Exchange 2003

Hi!

I downloaded the finals of office and vista today and installed everything.
Everything work quite good, except I have problems to with Outlook and my
hosted echange account.

I switched off the firewall and the router works fine.

When I started outlook the first time I manually configurated everything and
my username was verified. However when I want to start outlook I get the
following message:

"Cannot Start MS Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. To set of
folders cannot be opened. You must connect to MS Exchange with the current
profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder
file."

I have no ideas anymore what I could do.. ?!

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance!
alexl

Old November 24th 06, 10:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
sgrinnall

Hi Alex,

I'm getting the same problem, have you found anything in the last
week?

I don't know if any of this is useful. It's my only exchange server
so it's running Outlook Web Access with SSL. Also it's where 'My
Documents' are stored, I don't know if that's conflicting with Vista's
offline sync thing.

I've just downgraded to Office 2k3, though I'll probably set-up a
virtual PC to persevere with 2k7

Cheers

Stuart

--
sgrinnall
Old November 24th 06, 04:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
AlexL

Hi!

Well, it's running now... The problem is the Firewall (at least it seems so).

delete all outlook profiles and accounts and data files ("MAIL" control panel)
Switch off the firewall
create a new profile and the account

start outlook

should work