Switch from Outlook Express

Old November 10th 06, 01:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Nascar

Default Switch from Outlook Express

Thanks in advance. I primarily use AOL for e-mail but lately I've started
using Outlook Express as I have a Bell South DSL account. Microsoft Outlook
2003 is currently installed on my computer. Outlook Express works ok but I
want to move to Outlook. I opened Outlook and Import/Export my e-mail
accounts *5* from Express to Outlook. It seemed to work fine. I assigned
Outlook to be my default e-mail client as well. Now when I open Express, it
asks if I want to make it my default and I click no. The problem is that when
I test it by sending myself an e-mail from AOL to one of my other addresses,
it comes into Express and not into Outlook. In Control Panel, Internet
Options, Programs, I have Outlook as e-mail but it still shows Express as
newsgroups. Sorry, I have a dell laptop with XP Home Version. When I check
in Outlook in Tools, E-mail accounts, Change, Test, for each one, it shows no
errors. Thanks, Dan
Old November 10th 06, 09:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Nascar wrote:

The problem is that when I test it by
sending myself an e-mail from AOL to one of my other addresses, it
comes into Express and not into Outlook.

Outlook Express can't get mail if you don't run it or if you disable the
mail account in it.

In Control Panel, Internet
Options, Programs, I have Outlook as e-mail but it still shows
Express as newsgroups.

Outlook can't "do" newsgroups. It uses Outlook Express as the newsreader.
--
Brian Tillman