Please help with MS Outlook Express

Old October 26th 06, 10:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
ekinstrey

Default Please help with MS Outlook Express

Please help! I am unable to open Outlook Express. I have Windows 98. When
I double click on my Outlook Express icon at the desktop, a pop-up box tells
me that it cannot find MSOE.DLL and it may be out of memory. I hit ok and
then another box says that Outlook Express may not be installed properly.
This problem started after I was trying to free up space by deleting items on
my C drive/Program Files. I have already emptied my recycle bin. What can I
do to get my Outlook Express working again (it is how I email). Thank you
for your help.
Old October 27th 06, 12:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

This is the wrong newsgroup for Outlook Express questions, you'll find much
better information in one of the OE groups. Having said that, MSOE.DLL
errors have a number of possible causes and cures:

OLEXP: Err Msg: Outlook Express Could Not Be Started Because (MSOE.DLL could
not be initialized)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=232169
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=238656
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=245419
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=249893
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296969
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310893

OLEXP: Err Msg: Outlook Express Could Not Be Started Because (MSOE.DLL could
not be loaded)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=232480
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=256842
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272265
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=275202
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296512

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

Old October 27th 06, 02:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
ebizsupp

My suggestion would be to take your installation CD and reinstall it from
there using Add/Remove programs