Can't Retain Settings When Importing Contacts

Old February 22nd 06, 01:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Susieber

Default Can't Retain Settings When Importing Contacts

Last year I had to export/import contacts several times due to hardware
problems and hardware replacements. I have the properties of my Outlook
contacts set to use "First Name, Last Name." The default in Outlook is "Last
Name, First Name." Even though I've manually (and painfully) configured all
of my contacts to use "First Name, Last Name," each time I export to a CSV
and then reimport to a newly installed Outlook (that I've configure for First
Name, Last Name), ALL my contacts are imported in with Last Name, First Name
as the order. It then takes me at least an hour opening up each and every
contact (I have 350 or so), and manually change the order back to First,
Last. This causes hours of wasted time. It's really a simple setting. Why not
allow Outlook contacts to be modified globally to use First Name, Last Name?
Why not apply configuration options already selected by the user on import?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...installat ion
Old February 22nd 06, 11:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Susieber wrote:

Last year I had to export/import contacts several times due to
hardware problems and hardware replacements.

Never export to or import from a PST; there's no need. Just use the old PST
in the new Outlook instance. All your sorting problems will be a thing of
the past.
--
Brian Tillman