Outlook 2000 LDAP & Active Directory on non-exchange server

Old February 21st 06, 04:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
[email protected]

Default Outlook 2000 LDAP & Active Directory on non-exchange server

I finally got Outlook 2000 client to use LDAP Directory & Active Directory. I
can open up the LDAP address book on Outlook it will be empty, so I will have
to use the "Find People" button and type in "n" since all of our user names
begin with an "n". It is the first character of their logon name.

I wish the address book would display automatically when you open it up!

My new question is, can you create a distribution list using LDAP and Active
Directory?

Thanks for the help!

Old Message:

We have an Argosoft POP3 Mail Server that uses Outlook 2000 as the email
client. I would like to be able to set up just one Personal Address Book
(.PAB file) on a network share for everyone to access. So that we only have
one address book to update for all of our internal email addresses. Currently
each user have their own and of course someone will neglect to update their
address book when we have a new hire or when someone leaves the company.

Currently if you try to have more than one person open the same .PAB file
you will get some type of access error.

So now I am trying to see if the LDAP address book will work. But I don't
know quite how to configure it. We have a Windows 2003 Server, I filled in
all of the email addresses in each user's active directory entry. But I
cannot get Outlook to see it.

Anybody got any suggestions or ideas.

Thanks!

Randy