Delegate Folder Permissions

Old February 7th 06, 03:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Starrett

Default Delegate Folder Permissions

Sue,

I have a similar problem.
I have a user -user1 - that shares a folder with user2. User2 is retiring
from the company and a replacement - user3 - is here to take over the
position.
User1 has delegated user3 as well as given permission to the folder in
question. User3 can open the folder just fine.
My problem is - there is approximately 300 subfolders that need the
permission changed to allow user3 access to them.
Is there a way to propagate permissions down?
Thanks for any info.

Old February 7th 06, 04:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Use the PFDAVAdmin tool from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old February 7th 06, 04:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Starrett

Sue,

One thing I forgot to mention is that User3 will need the ability to create
subfolders within the subfolders that already exist as-well-as add emails to
the existing folders.

I'm sure that create permissions will be needed on any folder to allow
folder creation. Is there a script that can be made to do this?

I'm sure the "folder visible" permission will not work for this scenario.
Any ideas.

Old February 7th 06, 05:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Starrett

Thanks Sue,

Unfortunately I'm running Exchange5.5, this tool's documentation says its an
Exchange2003 tool.
Any other suggestions.

Old February 7th 06, 05:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

See http://www.slipstick.com/exs/permissions.htm#tools for other tools.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP